Thursday, April 2, 2009

We made it!

I woke up this morning in my bed in WI! It feels so good to not have to face getting on the road again! We finally got a full night's sleep. All the birds, cats and dogs made it, but I think I'm going to end up completely losing a few of my plants (which had to ride in the trailer, wrapped in plastic). Right now, many of them have frozen leaves that look like cooked spinach, but maybe the plant itself will live and put out new leaves. The only ones that look unaffected are my jade plants (succulents) and my african violet (but it was special enough to ride in the jeep). I ended up leaving over half my plants in ID, and those ended up being the lucky ones!

I haven't seen the horses yet, but we'll be heading out to the barn soon. My parents sold the house near the farm, so right now they are living about 2 miles away. We are going to unload the uhaul, then head down there in a bit.

Ahhhhh, I'm home. Unfortunately, ID feels like home too, so I think I'll be missing it very soon.

No comments: