Thursday, October 23, 2008

Very bad things...

Last week, I was forwarded an email about some APHA horses a woman is offering for free to good homes. They come with papers. The email had pictures of the three horses. All paints, one a bay, a palomino and a buckskin. The buckskin caught my eye and she is only 2. I dimissed the email, but started thinking about it again this week. Today I emailed to ask questions about the 2 year old buckskin filly. Very very bad...

I'm seriously considering going to pick her up as a project horse...to train and maybe resell. We can fit her in the trailer on the way to Wisconsin. Very bad...

She's super cute, although it's hard to really tell about her conformation in the pictures...they weren't the best positions. She looks like she has a decent back, nice hock set, straight legs, very cute head. She also has a lot of white on her body, but three black legs, and a black mane and tail. Very bad...

I'm not typically a paint person. I like solid horses because their lines are so beautiful. The white blotches on a paint break up those beautiful lines. But this horse...caught my eye. We'll see. I'll keep you updated. Very bad...

The best part is that we have enough hay, so one more is no more burden than 3. I just need to find time to work with them all.

So, tomorrow, Andrea and I are going for a ride together. She's coming out to where my horses are kept and we'll ride from there. We'll probably both have pictures!

No comments: