Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A weekend in Florida

At the end of May, Todd and I flew to Florida to attend the wedding of a very good friend of mine. We flew down on Saturday, and flew back on Monday. It was a short trip, but we went to the beach and did some sight-seeing. We had a great time. It was our first official vacation together outside of WI. I'll post a few pictures from our trip.

We went to the beach between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. It was just littered with seashells, and very fun to stroll down.


The beach was very empty, so we felt quite at home and were able to explore in a world of our own.


Todd carried my sandals for me. What a great guy. :)


My pregnant belly on the beach.


Some really cool clouds against the backdrop of the beach.


Todd checks out a really cool tree we saw on a walk through the coastal dunes and forest.


The wedding was held at the TPC Sawgrass golf course clubhouse. It's a course where they host the PGA tour. Now, I don't know much about golf, but I know that it was a pretty fancy place.


The bride and groom were very happy and I am so pleased that they found eachother. The wedding was very interesting to me, having never before experienced a traditional Jewish wedding.



Our last day there, we went to a different beach and had a very different experience. The beach was PACKED with people!


But we did see a cool jellyfish washed up on shore. I felt bad for it. It was still alive. I could see his edges quivering and trying to undulate and push himself back out into the water.


It makes me so sad to think about how this oil spill will impact the animals in the sea and these gorgeous beaches. Even though the oil hasn't yet reached this area, it undoubtedly will impact it for many years to come, if not permanently change it.

1 comment:

arlene said...

Lucky you. I love beaches. You are really blossoming!