Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chico's scrape

Here is Chico's nose scrape. It does look deeper than I expected based on how my mom described it, but I don't think it's a big deal. We'll just keep watching it and if it gets puffy, we'll treat him.

Catlow is waiting in the background. They are waiting for my mom to feed them their couple mouthfuls of oats each. She told me the other day that she's afraid of them a little (she's never really been a horsey person; she likes them, but she's not completely comfortable around them). When she goes to give them their oats, they all come crowding around the gate, so she has to stand there and say "Back! Back!", and they do back up a couple of steps so she can come in, but of course they follow her very closely, and Chico chases Catlow away, so my mom is a little intimidated. Now, she gives them hay first, and while they are distracted with that, she runs in with their oats.

1 comment:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Catlow is so cute! Chico's scrape doesn't look too bad, I bet it will heal up just fine.