Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Breeding Cody


Cody was inseminated today!  If all goes well, she'll become pregnant and we won't have to go through all this again!  It was days of ultrasounding, then a setback when she had some sort of injury at pasture (I think a bee sting) that caused lameness and swelling on her inside left thigh, but finally yesterday, I ordered the semen and she was still ready for it today.  Now just need her to ovulate in time for the semen to still be good.

And Cody is feeling much better from her supposed beesting.  She is almost back to 100% a few days later.  She was really sore and tender with a flaming hot inside hindquarter area a few days ago.

So, I said I want to be surprised when I see the foal color when it is born.  Based on her and Bullet's color genes, these are my probabilities for coat color.  It will totally be Christmas the day she has her foal...not only will I have a brand new foal, but it could be any one of these colors!  And any of these will be wonderful!

Offspring Color Probability

9.38% -
Grullo
9.38% -
Bay
9.38% -
Dunskin
9.38% -
Black
9.38% -
Smoky Grullo
9.38% -
Buckskin
9.38% -
Smoky Black
9.38% -
Bay Dun
6.25% -
Palomino
6.25% -
Red Dun
6.25% -
Red (Chestnut/Sorrel)
6.25% -
Dunalino

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That is so exciting! He sure is a beautiful sire, and should be a nice cross on your mare. If I still had mares and didn't have my own stallion he would be at the top of my list.