Monday, May 30, 2011

Sassy has a new home!

And amazingly, it was not any of my advertisements that found her a new home. My nephew was also putting the word out and we are very happy with the people who decided to take her. We know the family fairly well. They live just a couple miles down the road from us and they raise beef and have a few donkeys and llamas. They often borrow our cattle chute to work their cattle. Well, they have decided to get back into horses and have purchased a big appaloosa. They want a second horse so mom and daughter can ride together and they really like Sassy. They know she is young and green, and so they are planning to send her to a trainer for a tune-up in a few weeks. They just took her home today. I am very happy. I think it sounds like a great home for her. I am so glad she is getting some further training before they go ahead and start riding her. And the very best part is that they live right along the highway, so we will be able to see her out in their pasture when ever we head into town! And you know, if they are that close, perhaps I can hook up with them for a trail ride someday in the future too.

Now, I can get back to focusing on my horses and not feel like I need to be working with Sassy in case I get anyone out to look at her. It's over and done with! And I hope I never need to sell another horse ever again!

1 comment:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great home.