Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's Baby New Year!



I hope 2011 is just as rewarding as 2010!

In 2010, I completed my first year of vet school with straight A's, I got married, and I had a baby! I think we were quite blessed in 2010.

In 2011, I anticipate a much more challenging time as I head back to my second year of vet school in the fall after a year break to be with my baby. I think that taking classes and having to be away from my baby for days at a time will be the hardest thing I have ever done. I already am not sure how I'll be able to swing it. If I had to go back right this very minute, there is no way I could leave her yet. She is just way to dependent on me and she would not cope well with Momma being gone. I really hope that by next fall, when she is a year old, that she will be a bit more independent of me, although I know she will still need me a lot (and I'll need her!). See, my husband and I live 2 hours from the school, so I'll have to stay in an apartment near school during the week. Some evenings, Todd will be able to come down, bring baby, and stay with me down there, but only after the ground freezes and they are not busy at work anymore.

In 2011, I am also planning a party to celebrate our marriage last year. We will celebrate on our 1 year anniversary. With being pregnant last year, I didn't much feel like partying, but I definitely will this next summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot for 2010! Children do make for challenges, but I think you'll do fine with them. Have a great 2011!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

You had a big year! And a tough one yet to come. You can do it though.

Happy New Year!