Tuesday, September 28, 2010

birth announcement

Todd and I would like to announce the birth of our daughter, Wren Kathryn. She was born at 11:27pm on Friday September 24th, 2010. She weighed 8 lbs and 10 oz and was 21 inches long. She is absolutely perfect and is the light of our lives. I can't even describe how it feels to be a mother and hold this tiny person in my arms. Todd and I are overwhelmed with this new experience and can't believe how fullfilled we feel. It really is such a special thing. I could go on and on, but I'll just share some pictures of our precious girl.

Our family


Wren sleeping


Wren asking to be fed


I had a long labor (27 hours of active labor, plus the 13 hours of light painless labor leading up to that), but we made it through and it was all worth it! She really is just perfect. And I feel pretty good already, just 5 days later.

I can already see that I am going to be quite consumed with her, but I don't mind. I will still try to get out there and ride this fall when I feel able too, but if not, I won't feel guilty about it. I still will get a chance to mess with my horses, but right now, I have a new priority. And she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And this is all coming from a woman who used to never want to have children! But then I met a man with whom I knew I wanted to share this special experience with, and the rest is history! It is wonderful. We are cherishing it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big congratulations!

nikki said...

She's adorable, congratulations!!!

Linda said...

You got your soon-to-be-horse-crazy-girl!! They're the best. So, so happy for you!!!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

arlene said...

She is LOVELY!!! Well done.