Monday, November 9, 2009

I trimmed wild mustang hooves this weekend. I'm so glad to see that they remember their lessons earlier. It amazes me how much they actually retain. Even though I get almost no time with them, when I do finally stop to work with them, after the initial attempt to just avoid me, they fall back into their same old selves, just like back when I worked with them over the summer. And they are so good with their hooves. Trimming them is almost easier than the "tame" ones. These guys still think that they do need to listen to what I ask of them. The "tame" ones have learned what little things they can get away with. :) I wish I had pictures, because it was a GORGEOUS November weekend in Wisconsin (highs in the low 70's!). Maybe next weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

GeeZ--70's???!!! Lucky!! Send some our way. I think you're right. The Mustangs are more alert and haven't really gotten to the stage of "what can I get away with--these humans are SUCKERS!!"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.